Pray for Abandoned Children
They are discarded and abused—but not forgotten.
In India alone, more than 60 million children work as child labourers. Many of those children are orphaned, abandoned, or on the streets. For the month of August, our prayer focus is abandoned children. Let’s join together and lift up these precious children before God our Father.
James 1:27 says, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
- Pray for more children’s homes – Orphaned and abandoned children may have no choice but to beg in busy streets and railway stations, so Gospel for Asia reaches out to rescue these kids through children’s homes.
- Pray for protection from predators and the elements – For the millions of children on the streets, the dangers of human trafficking, bonded labor, extreme weather and various diseases are all threats they must face daily.
- Pray for staff members at the children’s homes and tutoring centers – Please pray for God’s grace to fill each staff member’s heart and life as they care for the boys and girls in our children’s homes and tutoring centers.
- Pray for emotional, spiritual and physical healing for rescued children – Children left to survive alone on the streets of South Asia face sicknesses, sexual and emotional abuse, and severe malnutrition. Please ask our Lord to bring wholeness and healing to each of these boys and girls whose bodies and hearts have suffered immensely.
- Pray for children to find hope in Jesus – Please pray the Lord will open the heart of each child in our children’s homes and centers to the Good News. Pray the children’s lives will not only be changed outwardly, but they will know the inward peace that comes from being a child of God.
Print these prayer requests out for your convenience or visit www.gfa.ca/pray/2013/august-abandoned-children for more information.